Spray Foam Roofing
Spray foam roofing, as the name would suggest, is sprayed onto the roof and expands into the shape of the roof making it a cost-effective and versatile solution, especially for complex roofs.
- Spray foam is very easy to install and can typically be applied with zero interruption to the daily function of the property.
- Can be applied directly over the existing roof and expand to fit all shapes and types of roofs.
- Spray foam is energy efficient, keeping cooling costs low by keeping summer heat out and holding the cold, Portage winters at bay.
- Spray foam roofs are very low maintenance.
- When appropriately applied, spray foam roofs are completely waterproof.
- Improperly applied spray foam doesn’t work and can even damage the property – installers need to have high technical knowledge.
- The weather conditions must be appropriate for spray foam installation which can be trickly with the volatile weather in Portage.
- While generally low-maintenance, spray foam roofs should be inspected at least twice a year to ensure they haven’t been damaged.
- Damaged spray foam can be finicky to repair.
Modified Bitumen Roofing
Modified bitumen roofing is an asphalt-based roofing system that is designed to withstand harsh exposure and environments. It was created for low-slope and flat roof structures.
- Modified bitumen roofing is tear resistant due to its reinforcement layers.
- Modified bitumen roofing is extremely waterproof, preventing leaks even in the sometimes extreme weathers in Portage.
- Adding a cool roof like solar reflection to the top layer of your modified bitumen roof can help it to be energy efficient.
- Due to its flexibility, modified bitumen expands and contracts with temperature changes.
- Repairs and maintenance are very easy.
- Older modified bitumen roofing installation processes can be a fire hazard due to the need for heated installation.
- Modified bitumen roofing can be fragile when disturbed and isn’t suitable for areas of high foot traffic.
- The impact resistance of modified bitumen isn’t as high as other commercial roofing materials.
- The life expectancy of modified bitumen roofing is somewhat short at 10-20 years.
- EPDM is an energy efficient commercial roofing option that can help keep out heat in the summer and keep in heat in the winter.
EPDM roofs have a thin, waterproof rubber membrane that’s both durable and easy to install.
- EPDM roofing is extremely cost effective and less expensive than other commercial roofing options.
- Made from 100% recyclable materials, EPDM roofs are very eco-friendly.
- EPDM roofs are very fire resistant.
- Properly installed and maintained EPDM roofs can last 20+ years.
- While it’s an overall inexpensive roofing option, more technical EPDM installations can be costly depending on the specific choices you make.
- Non-reinforced EPDM is prone to puncturing and shrinkage which can lower its lifespan.
- EPDM roofs are somewhat unattractive.
TPO roofs are a single-ply membrane used to protect from leaks and is considered a green option due to its heat reflective properties.
- TPO roofing is a very durable option for a low slope roof system with a strong resistance to tears and punctures.
- Due to its water resistance, TPO is fungi resistant.
- TPO comes in a variety of color options which can help with both UV resistance and aesthetic appeal.
- TPO roofs have a high impact resistance rating making them perfect for areas like Portage that are prone to hail.
- TPO roofs have an expected lifespan of 20-30 years, are easy to install, and are low maintenance.
- Not all brands of TPO are created equal, and it’s a relatively new product having only been introduced in the last 30 years, so quality can be hit or miss.
- The cost for a TPO roof in Portage is higher than that of other commercial roofing options, but its durability and lifespan make up for the higher price tag.
- TPO isn’t inherently fire resistant, although it can have fire retardant added.
- Repairs require special tools like a heat welder, so, typically, TPO roofs can only be repaired by a professional.
How To Choose the Best Commercial Roof For Your Portage Property
When its time to install or replace your commercial roof in Portage you’ll want to work to strike the perfect balance for your property. Some of the things you’ll need to consider are:
- Energy Efficiency
- Pitch of the Roof
- Aesthetic Needs
- Longevity and Durability
- Local Climate
Alamo Roofing Contractors is your leading commercial roof contractor in Portage. Call us today to schedule your free estimate and discuss your options!