If you’re looking for exceptional asphalt shingle roofing services for your Portage home, give Alamo Roofing Contractors a call today.
The Cost Of Asphalt Shingle Roofing In Portage
Asphalt shingle rooftops have a lifespan of about 15 to 30 years. How long they last are mainly dependent on the type of shingles you choose to install, how accurately they were installed, the quality of your maintenance plan, and the environment in which you live.
If your asphalt roofing system has reached the end of its life, this is how much you can expect to pay:
A 3-tab shingle rooftop costs about $4000 to $15,000. You can expect to pay $4 to $4.50 per square foot.
1,000 sf. roof / 10 squares = $4000 to $4,500
1,500 sf .roof / 15 squares = $6,500 to $6,750
2,000 sf. roof / 20 squares = $8000 to $9000
2,500 sf. roof / 25 squares = $10,000 to $11,250
3,000 sf. roof / 30 squares = $12,000 to $13,500
3,500 sf. roof / 35 squares = $14,000 to $15,750
An architectural shingle rooftop costs about $5000 to $19,000. You can expect to pay $5 to $5.50 per square foot.
1,000 sf. roof / 10 squares = $5000 to $5,500
1,500 sf. roof / 15 squares = $7,500 to $8,250
2,000 sf. roof / 20 squares = $10,000 to $11,000
2,500 sf. roof / 25 squares = $12,500 to 13,750
3,000 sf. roof / 30 squares = $15,000 to $16,500
3,500 sf. roof / 35 squares = $17,500 to $19,250
Request a quote here (link) to receive a more accurate estimate for your asphalt shingle roof installation.
Here you’ll find some details on the types of asphalt shingles that you can install on your rooftop:
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
These lightweight and energy-efficient shingles are the most common and easy to maintain and are named for the cutout form that gives them a distinct three-piece look. With proper care, three-tab shingles can last up to 20 years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
For the longest-lasting shingles, and for the home where curb appeal matters most, architectural shingles are a great choice. With a wider range of color options, dimension-adding laminated styles, and reflective versions to reduce summer cooling costs, you can enjoy the look and feel of these shingles for up to 50 years.
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
For those who value both style and cost, luxury shingles are a worthwhile investment. Cost-effective premium versions of asphalt shingle roofing, the luxury style is designed to emulate high-end cedar or slate roofing with the benefit of costing only 1/10th of the cost of cedar shingles.
The Pros and Cons of A New Asphalt Shingle Roof
We understand that the roof you choose for your home or business is an important decision. Below you’ll find some points to consider to inform your choice better.
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: Asphalt is the go-to answer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank, especially with our financing options.
- Color Variety: From neutrals to statement colors, there are a variety of options to choose from. Based on your budget, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that emulates wood or slate.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple and the most cost-effective. Should the job require it, new shingles can be installed on top of existing shingles with little difficulty. Asphalt shingles last a lifespan of up to 20 years with proper maintenance.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are non-recyclable, due largely to the harmful emissions they release. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can cause cracks and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Have questions about whether or not an asphalt shingle roof is right for your home? Are you ready to start your Great Falls home’s new asphalt shingle roof installation? Don’t delay, give Alamo Roofing Contractors a call today!