This is a good choice for someone who isn’t looking to spend too much money. You don’t have to go anywhere local in Norwest Indiana. Just order it on Amazon and get it in the next day. The key with this gutter guard is that it’s a simple self-installation product. It’s lightweight and slips in your gutter without any fasteners. You will find that you have to work with it a bit to get it to stay as needed, but it will do the trick for a quick and easy gutter guard solution.
The downsides are if you have an area around your home with a truly high volume of leaves building up this product may not be quite sturdy enough for you. Along with the heavy snow that comes through NWI in the winter. Snow builds and ice builds which can way a product like this down. These are plastic pliable gutter guards, they are not the most long-term solution. Over time, the heat from the sun can cause them to curl which will create gaps that allow debris to start forming.
- (5 Stars) “It worked fine for what I wanted. A little stiff unroll.”
- (4 Stars) “I’ve tried a variety of gutter guard products. My problem is I have a tile roof. That makes installing gutter guards a nightmare. I tried 2 different metal guards & it took so long to install them I gave up. I accidentally came across this product browsing on Amazon, read the reviews, & decided to try it out. Of all the gutter guards, this is by far easier to install if you have a tile roof. Some reviewers complain that this plastic guard is too flimsy. Not at all. It’s about a medium flexibility & seems to be just right for the application. It looks & feels quite sturdy. I went to the manufacturers website to try & find out what kind of plastic this is made of because that is pretty important. Many plastics degrade quickly in the sun. But I didn’t find anything. It’s made in China so we immediately have to be suspicious of its quality. It seems there’s gotta be an easier way to install this other than lifting up every tile & bending the strip into the gutter, like rolling it up into a tube, laying the tube into the gutter, then slowly pulling the mesh out, letting it expand in place. I’m just thinking out loud. I’m an old guy & need to have all the help I can get. Cleaning gutters is a nightmare if you have a tile roof. And that’s why I have high hopes for this mesh strip. One & done… I hope! Update: I’ve laid a bunch of it trying my roll-it-up-in-a-tube experiment(I have a tile roof). Don’t try this. This plastic has a fairly decent memory, so after I rolled it up, it wouldn’t unroll! So … my suggestion if you have tile, cut the mesh into lengths 2″ longer than the distance between each gutter reinforcing bracket, slide each piece under the tile overhang, & using long needle nose pliers or a long haemostat, try & move the sheet into a dome shape like you see in a lot of the reviews. Once it forms the dome, it locks in snugly.”
- (3 Stars) “Cheap and flimsy. It will work for areas where smaller leaves and fewer of them. It will not work where there are needles and many leaves.
Single Pack – $8.04
Starting off strong, this gutter guard is manufactured 100% in the USA. Here in Portage, IN, we love to find products that are American made as often as possible. The fine mesh keeps even the smallest debris out of your gutters while easily letting water flow through. Although this gutter guard solution can’t be seen from the ground it is a very nice-looking gutter guard to be sure. Something specific about this model that we love is that the mesh is reinforced underneath. A big problem that we see with metal/mesh gutter guards is, they often are very easily dented and smashed. With these, you won’t have near as much problem with denting. They will hold up to heavy Indiana weather such as fall leaves and heavy snow.
If you are going the self-installed route we recommend gloves for this product. The screw holes and edges can be very sharp. Honestly, for the price you’re paying, these guards should come with predrilled holes. They do not. This will add to the installation time and tools required. It would be nice to see them add this in the future.
- (5 Stars) “I needed a good guard for my gutters that would withstand harsh weather conditions and keep pine needles, leaves and roof debris from clogging up the gutters and downspouts. I ordered a sample and the company sent a sample and information on the guards. I ultimately decided to order and needed 335 feet. I ordered them on May 29. Delivery was expected June 1-2, but they actually arrived May 31. They were neatly packaged in 4 packages of 75 feet and 1 package of 35 feet. No damage. They have since been installed. Corners were a little tricky, but our installer figured it out. I am happy with the purchase and recommend the product.”
- (5 Stars) “I ordered 35′ of Waterlock Micromesh Gutter Guards and received them the very next day. Installation was easy and only took 2 hours from start to finish. I would buy these gutter guards again.”
- (4 Stars) “Definitely value for your money. I bought these and did the entire installation for 100 sq feet within hours, it wasn’t hard and it saved me thousands. Easy to cut to the desired length with a power tool or tinsnips. Comes with enough screws (I recommend having a 1/4” magnetic socket for your driver/ impact driver that way; your screws don’t keep falling). If one isn’t handy or comfortable installing, you can still buy these guards and have someone come do the install for you… saves you a lot! I did a lot of research and after carefully reviewing other systems, this one seemed to be the best and I don’t regret.
Lastly, I gave a 4 star because the corners on my order came damaged and I had to straighten them with a pliers. I think more pudding or Styrofoam on the top and bottom (inside the box) will help prevent damage.”
Prices Vary as they offer different sizes. Click here for pricing.
Raindrop gutter guards are made of polypropylene. As we’ve seen, these are the best when it comes to the “self-cleaning quality. They have raised rounded ridges that allow for debris to fall right off. The fact that they are a durable plastic product means they won’t get bent or smashed nearly as easily as something metal. They’re simply more durable. These do come with predrilled holes and screws. The holes are oblong to make up for the known fact that this material will expand and contract as the weather changes from season to season. This is a great feature as Indiana weather fluctuates quite a bit throughout the year. These only come in black. The reason for this is black absorbs heat. The absorption of heat helps mitigate the problem of ice damming in the winter, which will help keep your roof and home healthy longer. These are our preferred product when it comes to quality, doing the job needed, and aesthetics. This is without even mentioning the price. These are a reasonable price though as you’ll see below.
Downsides, well they only come in black. Some people like the idea of a “pretty” gutter guard with lots of color options to match. These have fairly large openings considering how small the actual mesh on other products is. Granules from your roof will certainly penetrate these gutter guards as your roof ages, but granules do not cause clogging or issues. They simply sit in your gutter or flow through to the ground. They are not large enough to make a significant difference. They claim that pine needs will not get through. It seems that the majority of pine needles will flow off, but the openings are certainly large enough for some to fit.
- (5 Star) “I had these installed on my house. I’m really impressed with the design. I have tons of oaks close to my house, and Raindrop is doing a great job of keeping the leaves out. They just slide right off the top. Happy with the price, too. Great product.”
- (2 Star) “Raindrop gutter guards do a pretty decent job with leaves but are terrible with the whirlybirds that fall off maple trees. They advertise showing they will fall off but mine get clogged every year. Not very impressed with the product. Doesn’t do as advertised”
- (5 Star) “System has been installed for a few months, so far so good. The crew did a great job installing.”
Prices Vary as they offer different sizes. Click here for pricing.