Cleaning gutters is a filthy job on the to-do list. The job involves climbing the ladder, scooping out the wet sopping leaves, removing the pine needles, and making sure the water flows freely. If only there was a simpler way to complete this job!
There is! Gutter Guards!
This innovative tool is so helpful in keeping the gutters working at their peak! They come by various names including gutter covers, gutter toppers, gutter screens, or gutter filters. But they all do the same thing. Gutter Guards are a mesh or screen that covers the entire gutter, eliminates huge branches and twigs from clogging the channels, and keeps animals from forming homes.
What are Some of the Benefits of Installing Gutter Guards?
Save Time and Money
You don’t need to worry about cleaning out gutters as much when you have gutter guards installed. The gutters will be easier to maintain and the water will have a chance to flow freely away from the home. Rust will not occur as often since there won’t be a debris buildup forcing the water to stagnate in one spot.
Avoid Animal Infestation
A gutter can make a fabulous home for some small critters. It is a comfortable shape and can hold a small vermin family nicely. But it is only nice for them. Not for the homeowner! Keep bats, squirrels, mice, birds, and other small animals from making their homes in your gutters by installing the guards.
Improve Gutter Water Flow
As indicated above, with gutter guards, the water can easily flow to the downspout. The likelihood of leaves, branches, and debris is minimized with the guards. This is especially helpful for those with a rainwater barrel connected to the downspout. The amount of debris collected in the barrel is less when the guards do their job properly.
Improves Gutter Stability
Gutter guards can enhance the overall stability of the gutter system by providing additional support and preventing the excessive weight from debris accumulation. This helps prevent sagging or detachment of gutters from the building.
Extends Gutter Lifespan
Accumulated debris in gutters can cause corrosion and deterioration over time. By preventing debris from entering the gutters, gutter guards help prolong the lifespan of your gutters and reduce the need for frequent repairs or replacements.
Common Questions Regarding Gutter Guards:
- Will the gutter guard filter out all kinds of materials? Generally, gutter guards will keep all but the smallest of debris out of your gutter. The screen or mesh-type covers can’t keep all debris out, but the majority will be guided elsewhere.
- Will roof shingles be damaged when the gutter guards are installed? Great question! The professionals at Alamo Roofing Contractors in Portage are skilled and knowledgeable in the proper techniques of installing gutter guards to avoid damage to the shingles.
- Can leaves accumulate on top of the gutter cover and block water drainage into the gutter itself? Some gutter guards display this type of problem. Our team will work with you and determine the best guard for your home. It can depend on nearby trees which can drop leaves on the roof.
- Can the gutter cover become loose or be damaged easily? We, at Alamo Roofing Contractors, only use high-quality products that will be durable and long-lasting under normal weather patterns.
- Will the leaf filter look good on my gutters? Gutter guards come in a variety of colors so we can beautifully match the guard to the existing gutter and offer a crisp seamless appearance to your home.
Place your trust in Alamo Roofing Contractors when it comes to gutter health. Your new gutter guards will create a more effective and efficient drainage system for your property. Plus with the added curb appeal, this is a wise choice.
We have a trustworthy team of roofing professionals in Portage dedicated to providing solid results with quality materials and genuine customer service. We look forward to helping you with any and all of your roofing needs. Call Alamo Roofing Contractors in Portage today!