Attentive Slate Installation for Northwest Indiana and Illinois
Providing the Best in Quality and Care for All Your Roofing Needs
Financing Options Available
Discounts for Military and First Responders
Fast and Reliable Emergency Storm Response
Precision in Slate Roofing
Alamo Roofing Contractors is a Portage roofing contractor, committed to providing the highest quality slate roofing installation for our customers. We’ll be here to help choose the best options for your home and assist you every step of the way. Rest assured that our top-rated team will do excellent work and you will be thrilled with your new and stunning slate roof.
Schedule a consultation today to learn more about our residential roofing services from slate, asphalt, metal to tile roofs.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. Here is what you can expect when considering slate roofing for your home.
Pros of Slate Roofing
- Beautiful: Homeowners love slate roofs because they are stunning and beautiful. They give your home a clean and sleek look while still being available in a variety of colors and widths.
- Durable: Whether natural or synthetic, slate roofs are durable and can withstand high winds and high temperatures for up to 75 years.
- Low-maintenance: Slate roofs are easy to maintain because they are so durable. Their strength means you won’t have to worry about replacing damaged shingles as often as asphalt shingles.
Cons of Slate Roofing
- Cost: You might balk at the price of slate roofing, especially when comparing it to asphalt shingles. But many homeowners are willing to pay more for a roof that looks beautiful, is more durable, and lasts longer!
- Weight: Natural slate is very heavy, meaning it takes a lot of skill to properly install it.
Slate Roof FAQs
How much does it cost to install a new slate roof in Portage?
The final cost of a new slate roof will depend on the size and shape of your home. A synthetic slate roof can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $15,000 for the average home. Our team of roofing specialists will be happy to go over the different slate roofing options that will match your vision and budget.
What is the difference between natural and synthetic slate?
Natural slate comes from natural stone whereas synthetic slate is a petroleum-based material. Both will provide you with a beautiful roof and each has its pros and cons. Natural slate is a lot heavier and more durable than synthetic slate, but more expensive to install and replace if needed.
Want to learn more? Get a free estimate scheduled with our slate roofing professionals.
Hire a Team of Roofing Professionals You Can Trust
Give us a call today to see how we can help improve your home!